Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Craziness



I know I have been a HORRIBLE blogger lately. I promise to do better. I actually have a few "posts" floating around in my head, hopefully I will get the chance to sit down and actually write them up.

Anyways we have had a roller coaster of a month. It had been serious chaos in the Major household, but things are finally winding down.

Nov 30th- My parents left after Thanksgiving with Naomi and Gabby to head back to KY. I was incredibly nervous about letting them take the girls but it ended up being a great descion. (FYI- it took them 16 hours to get home...my poor parents!) 
Dec 1st- Matt checked out of the USS Wyoming and we headed up to Charleston. We stayed with Mike and Amy the first night because our heat was not turned on. We also went and bought a brand knew pretty refrigerator. 
Dec 2nd- Weighed our cars, unpacked cars, cleaned house.
Dec 4th- Movers came and delivered our 11,000 pounds of crap! They were done by 2:00 and we had a house full of boxes! 
Dec 5-6th- Cleaning, hanging up clothes, hanging pictures, making some new friends...and so on!
Dec 7th- Left about 6:00 am for Kentucky. We could not wait to see the girls:)
Dec 8th- Dec 26th- Visiting family/ friends in Kentucky. Matt started getting board with "nothing" do about day 7 of our visit.  We loved being able to really relax and enjoy this Christmas with our families. 
Dec 27th- Packed up our car with our almost month of clothes and all of our Christmas stuff and headed back to Charleston. The girls had never even slept in our new house so we were anxious to get home and so them around. They also had bikes waiting in the living room for them when they got home. They were SOOO excited! 
Dec 28th- Unpacked some of the boxes we still had from moving in, cleaned and relaxed.
Dec 29th- Went to the air force base commissary for the first time. It was HUGE and crowded.
Dec 30th-  Clothes from Ky are still in suitcases:) 

Here is picture of a last minute angel addition for the Christmas play at our home church. She only lasted about 2 minutes longer after this picture:) Oh well, she was cute! 


1 comment:

Jill said...

Your little angel is quite the cutie :) It was great getting to see you, Matt, and the girls. Wish we could do it more often! I'm glad you all had a nice Christmas up here with your families.