Monday, July 18, 2011

Makeover Monday #10

10 weeks!!! Whew. Well, we are back home and settling back into our routines. We had such a fabulous time on our trip but it is good to be back in our own home.

While in Kentucky I ate pretty well. I stayed within my calorie range (plus or minus 100 or so) and I tried to eat 80 % healthy foods, lean meats, whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts, dairy...and then I left 20% to spurlge on a few things (still within my calorie range.) It is intersting to me to see how some high calorie foods just don't appeal to me anymore. Sometimes I even get a little nauseous thinking about the foods I used to eat. It is just craziness. I did skip breakfast a lot while in Kentucky so that I would save some calories (well I had coffee and a banana every morning) and that habit has kinda followed me back to South Carolina. I know health enthusiasts would beat me for eating such a small breakfast so I promise to get back to a good nutritous breakfast soon.

Exercise was tough. There was just always more appealing to do, like sleep:) I managed to get 3 runs (including the 10k) in 10 days. And one other workout. Besides that I didn't do ANY strength training. Uggg. Now I just can't seem to get back into the weights. I get SOOO bored at home and going to the gym is just so much work with all the littles. I have no motivation to do it. I seriously have not done a crunch in like 2 weeks. So lame I know. So somebody needs to kick my booty into gear.
Oh and running is still going. I came home and had not run in a full week and my first run was ROUGH. I did 2.2 and was huffing and puffing. I have since gotten back to 3.5, which I am happy with. The heat index/humidity thing right now is ridiculous so I don't want to push myself into a heat stroke:) I am planning on doing a 5k on August 27th and I am super excited about it!!

My other struggle right now is sweets. I am still eating my 1200-1400 calories a day but I seem to want sugary foods more right now. (I did just start my time of the month so mabye that has something to do with it.) I am LOVING all the skinny cow ice creams right now and my absolute favorite treat is a Mcdonalds small vanilla cone. I could eat one everyday. Maybe not my greatest idea....

I know I am such a slacker on the food posts. I hope there will be some slow days here soon so I can really sit down and blog. I have one that I have started and saved but it is just not finished.


Ok now for the numbers. I know it is all everyone reads these posts for...

May 5th -176.6
May 16th- 172
May 23rd- 170.2
May 31st- 169.4
June 6th- 167.4
June 13th- 165.9
June 20th- 163.6
June 27th- 161.6
July 4th- 160.2 (on differnt scale)
July 11th- 160.2 (on different scale)


July 18th-157.2 ...WOOT WOOT!! I am so beyond excited to be in the 150's. Don't think I didn't break out into a little dance. I am also only .6 from 20 pounds lost!!! So excited.

It makes me want to workout more. My trainer comes today though and I have no doubt that I will be ready for her to leave after about 5 mins:)

3 comments:

Us said...

150's!!!!!!!! Hooray! That's especially great considering the two off weeks you had in KY! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Skylar Apple said...

Cannot believe you're still losing so much weight! Craziness. SO excited about your progress.

Mama Smors said...

Allie that is great!!! :) Victory after vacation is something to be proud of! 20 lbs coming up- how awesome!