Thursday, December 8, 2011

Youth Camping Trip

Matt and I have started working with the youth at church. I lead the high school girl small group and Matt leads the middle school boys. We have been LOVING it. I really have a heart for this age and still feel like I am "young" enough to connect with them in a different way than their parents. (I think I may have like 1-2 more cool years, then I am just going to be OLD:(

We went with the youth group to Pisgah National Forest, NC. We camped out and it was 23 degrees the first nigh. I am not a seasoned camper and I thought I was going to surely freeze to death. I ended up getting in my car at 5 am and turned on the heat for like 2 hours. I know, I am pitiful. We went on a 8 mile hike on Saturday and just had a great time.


While we were FREEZING the girls were living it up in this cabin about 20 miles away with my parents. They had a blast exploring nature and eating whatever the wanted.

1 comment:

Skylar Apple said...

Ha ha! Hilarious that you got in your car. :) I bet you were SO wishing to be in that cabin at that point. :) :) :)