Monday, December 29, 2008

7 things about ME!


I got tagged again...I have to tell you 7 things that you don't know about me. This was pretty tough, considering I am not private at all....here it goes!

1. I am not and becoming even less of a risk taker. I hate to fly, I would never parachute (unless my life depended on it), and it makes my stomach hurt investing in anything higher than a savings account.
2. My mom accidently let someone cut 10 inches off my hair in the fourth grade. I sobbed. Even today I am terrified of cutting my hair short.
3. I lived in new york city two summers in a row in elementary school, when my sister and I used to model for Images. We knew all the people at the Hard Rock Cafe, and during certain songs they would let us do the roger rabbit on the tables (completely family friendly, of course).
4. I really really want to be able to run 5 miles in a row without stopping, or collapsing.
5. I LOVE being a stay at home and would not change it for anything but there is a part of me that really misses working. I only worked as an RN for about 8 months, right out of college. I truly enjoyed my job and hope one day when my kids are in school, someone will hire me again at least part-time.
6. I am completely out of touch with the "teenage generation." I remember thinking when I was around 17, that I would never become "uncool". Too late. I don't understand paying $400 for a purse and why we have to have computer cell-phones. I see things in practicality, not style. I love my mini-van! 
7. I desire a pure, selfless heart. I actually have always thought of myself as genuinely kind, giving, and the like. As I seek the heart of Christ, I have been truly humbled and have allowed myself to see the walls of selfishness that have hardened around my soul.


And some random Christmas pictures...














5 comments:

Tonya said...

I love the girls' vanity, so cute!!

That is so cool that you did modeling in NYC but umm...yeah I think you need to post some of those modeling pictures! :)

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

Love the girls!!
I thought I knew everything about you :)
I'm not a risk taker either!! I am learning to love my life and I enjoy living each day as healthy and safe as possible so I can live to see tomorrow :)
-marn

Anonymous said...

I liked your post. My Dad wanted me to let you know that he reads your blog and really likes it. He says you are a great writer and he hopes to meet you someday. :)

Cute pics of the girls as always.

Mrs. Goebel said...

first of all, I love the picture of Gabby and the tissues...that girl cracks me up! Second...could you please hurry up and come home!!! I MISS YOU!!!! Also, I cooked an amazing dinner tonight, you should have been there! :)

Jill said...

I loved reading this, but as I read each one I thought, "I already knew this about her!" So I guess I know ya pretty well! Miss you!!