Change
I find it almost comical the amount of "change" that supposedly comes with a new year. I remember going to the gym last January, when we got back in town after Christmas, and was wondering why the heck the childcare place was so crowded? Someone reminded me... new year resolutions and not to worry, the crowd would die down in a few weeks or so, maybe even a few months for the very determined. Now don't get me wrong, I am all about good intentions and truthfully I probably do work out a little more vigorously earlier in the year. But seriously, why do our best attempts at change, undoubtedly end in failure, or at least fall extremely short of the desired outcome? Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of change. I used to be a little more "bendable" but, add a husband, two toddlers, and a mortgage, and I really don't welcome interruptions in my normal. This year, the girls and I, spent our first Christmas without any communication from Matt. It definitely was a change, and although not something I want to do again for a very long time, God has used this time in our separation to teach me more about Him. We have to change. We must continue to seek His face. I pray, that every morning when I rise, another small part of me, reflects a closer resemblance to my King. I want all the junk in my life to be washed away. I must cling to Christ, holding on firmly to His holiness, because isn't that ultimately what I desire? And honestly, only in Him can I truly achieve it? I know my weaknesses, I daily push away my selfishness, I want to be made whole. I want real, genuine, change. Thankfully, I serve a God who IS....who WAS....and WILL always be unchanged. I can fall into the steadfastness of HIS love, knowing HE has accomplished it all. His sovereignty, His constant perfection, will always lead me to follow in repentance, to the cross, and to real change resulting in righteousness.
1 comment:
your blog is very inspiring Allie :)
Post a Comment