Sunday, October 4, 2009

God is Good!

Beyond the fact that I don't feel very well today and I can hardly speak...today has been a great day!

We didn't go to church because I woke up with no voice and I pretty much laid in bed all day. The girls were perfect angels for me. They watched the movie "Bolt," colored, played play-dough, and took care of mommy. I did end up taking them to church tonight for their Awana class. Naomi had a little fit when I tried to leave her, but after about 15 minutes she got over it. I got to come home and get a shower and then picked them back up.

When I picked them, Naomi told me she got to be the helper and then we had this conversation:

Naomi: "Mommy, did you know that God can make something out of nothing?" (She emphasized the words in italics). 

Me: "That is right honey. Did you learn that at church?"
 
Naomi: "And mommy, if God wants to he can say to that light turn off, and that light turn on." You can't even do that mommy."

Me:" Naomi, that is so true. God can do anything, anytime He wants. Mommy can only do what God does through me. God is so much bigger than mommy and daddy."

Naomi: " Gabby, did you know God can make something out of nothing?"

Gabby: "Godib mkdjer meiwoer myeiorur dkseriorf fiemim" Translated: "So do you think He can make donuts out of the peas mommy tries to get us to eat?" 


Conversations like this, just melt my heart. 
And so do pictures like these....







5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, but glad at the same time that you had a little better day today :) God IS good and He is helping you to hang in there! ((hug))

Amy C said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. I worried about you a little not feeling good. I know kids can get tiring when you are the only one home with them all day every day. But soon Dad we'll be home and we're looking forward to you coming to see us in Charleston.

Us said...

Gabby is hilarious!
The top two pictures are fantastic. Two of my favorite lately!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful girls. You are so talented and can capture just the right pics at the right time. See you all real soon! Love and kisses to everyone, Mimi M.

Mama Smors said...

such great pics of your gorgeous girls!