Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WOW

I was driving home from picking Naomi up from school today (which deserves a whole separate post on its own) and the girls were fighting and screaming. After many failed attempts and one car stop to make them stop being ridiculous, I finally did the only other logical thing and turned up my new David Crowder CD to a "blaring" level. I could still hear the girls, but it definitely tuned them out. As I was listening to the words, I suddenly "almost" audibly heard...

"HOW CAN YOU EVER EXPECT THEM TO OBEY IF YOU DON'T OBEY?"

Wow. Talk about a hit in the gut.

"HOW WILL THEY EVER LEARN TO LIVE LIFE INTENTLY FOCUSED ON ME ALONE IF YOU DON'T?

"HOW CAN THEY LEARN UNSELFISHNESS IF YOU DON'T PRACTICE IT?"

Precious Jesus, take my life and lead me. Pull away the ugly layers of self-righteousness. Mold me into the wife and mother that honors you in all I do. Pour passion into my life and rid me of all my complacency. You alone are worthy of praise. 




No comments: