Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2nd born

Our sweet 2nd daughter is growing up too fast. She just recently had her 4 year old check up and is perfectly healthy. I didn't even write down her height and weight (I think 38 lbs??) but she was in the 70 percentile for both. She had to get 4 shots and she was such a trooper.
Gabby has such a zest for life and is SOOOO funny. I know most kids have their own quirks that all parents think are hilarious but she really has a comedic side. I definitely can picture her making all her friends laugh when she gets older. Her personality and behavior have changed dramatically in the last year. She has become very very shy (probably as a result of being around Naomi) and won't talk to people she is not around. I am serious, her teachers at school could not get her to speak to them until 6 MONTHS into school. I told them she used to be our "difficult" child at home and they were shocked. They never had one disciplinary problem with our girl the whole entire year:) Just crazy. We also rarely have to discipline her. She occasionally needs a little redirection or a reminder that she might need a little rest time but overall she has become a great listener and is very obedient. She still struggles occasionally with getting easily frustrated but we are working out how to do deal with our emotions properly.
She still is our girly girl and loves all thinks princess, baby doll, frilly, and dress up. Her favorite princess is still snow white and her favorite colors are pink, purple, and yellow. She won't even let me put a "boy color" rubber-band in her hair. (A little OCD much do you think???:)

She truly is a wonderful big sister and loves Corin SOOOO much. We do have to remind her occasionally that Corin needs a little personal space and her ears are a little sensitive so we don't have to scream to get her attention. And Gabby and Naomi are nearly inseperable. They truly have built a great friendship and really have no idea how lucky they are to have a constant play mate.
Gabby still has a little bounce in her hair but has pretty much lost the ringlets:( It kinda breaks my heart just a little but only because I know that means she is growing up WAY too fast.
And just for sentiment....ONe of my favorite pictures ever from nearly exactly three years ago....
Was recreated with the same two subjects and one has much larger feet than before:(
WE love you sweet Gabby.

No comments: