OK, seriously, when you are trying to eat healthy the fridge is FULL! Mine stays jammed packed all the time with
-2 cups of fresh spinach
-1/2 cup fresh fruit (mine had strawberries, kiwi, grapes, apples, and oranges)
-2 tbsp feta
- 1 oz shredded chicken
-2 tbsp light raspberry walnut vinaigrette
YUMMY!!!
Chicken and Pepper Pile ups!!
-1 whole wheat pita (cut in half...to make two crusts)
- 2 0z or 1/2 breast, cooked chicken breast, chopped
-1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
-1/4 cup black beans
-1 tbsp sun dried tomato hummus
-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 tbsp salsa
-Cut pita in half and lay in baking sheet.
-Spread hummus evenly over each pita
-Mix, chicken, black beans, and red pepper together and divide evenly over humms
-Top both with cheese
-Bake at 375 for 10 mins until cheese is melted.
-Salsa on top and enjoy!
~ 190 calories each/ or 380 for both. (I had plenty of calories this day so I had both and they were so good and filling!)
-3 large zucchini, sliced
-2 cooked chicken breasts, roughly chopped
-1/2 cup bisquick (I use the heart healthy kind)
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-2-3 tbsp milk
-1 egg
1/4 + 2tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup parsley
-greek seasoning
-salt and pepper to taste
-Layer zucchini on bottom of 13 x 9 making dish. Season with greek seasoning (or your fav seasoning!)
-Add chicken evenly over zucchini.
-Mix the rest of the ingredients together (except the 2 tbsp of parmesan) and spread over top trying to cover the entire surface.
-Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
-Bake at 350 for 25 mins until bubbly.
***We thought (and even Matt) this was DELICIOUS. And the best part is it was ~ 1100 calories for the WHOLE pan! I divided into 8 portions making it 138 calories/serving. (I was glad to eat a little extra right out of the dish when I was done with my dinner.)
--Make sure to calculate your calories with your own ingredients!!!
-1 small frozen banana (I peel bananas and throw in ziploc and put in freezer)
-1 tsp peanut butter
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (mine is 140 calories per scoop, so 70 calories for 1/2 sccop)
-3-4 ice cubes
-pinch of flax seed
Throw all in blender and mix until creamy and smooth. This is what I eat for breakfast 3-4 days a week
~ 200 calories
**When I make this for the hubby I use 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 whole scoop of protein powder, and a drizzle of carmel sauce.

---Can you guess what this is???
I put fresh grape tomatoes, baby carrots, and baby spinach in the food processor and then added it to my spaghetti sauce!! No one even noticed:)
And what is different about this dinner??? :) Sometimes, I like to be a little creative in my dinners. I couldn't afford the calories of pasta this night but I didn't want to miss out on one of my favorite meals. So I improvised and steamed some fresh broccoli and put the meat sauce on top. I have to say, it was very good! And I felt very satisfied.

Here's to another week of healthy eating!!!
4 comments:
The chicken pile ups and casserole look good! I'll have to make those!
I can't remember if you like mushrooms. We love to bake the large portabellos (like 30 cal each) and top them with different things (hummus and feta, bruchetta, etc). Super yummo and low cal.
Everything looks soo yummy!
Sarah Smorstad pointed me toward your blog and I realized that we grew up together (I was Whitney Smith, at LCA/The Academy)! Your weight loss is super motivating and these recipes are great! I'll be officially blog stalking you. :)
LOVING this post! It all looks so delicious! I'm definitely going to make some of these recipes! I'm so proud of you, you're motivating me!!! :)
Post a Comment