Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome to Middle Aged


Ok ok, I know most people think 30 is "young." But that is just old people talking. Really. NO one younger than 30 thinks it is young. Everyone is in denial. Because it is old. Really really old.

I got an application for AARP in the mail on Monday.
I sat down to eat dessert tonight and my hands started trembling. I googled it of course. (Side note: why has google become the go to for medical information. We all know it has nothing good to say, but we do it anyway. I digress.) And the first cause of hand tremors...

Middle Aged.

Seriously. When did this happen? I know I just turned 21 like yesterday. I swore off pictures on off myself today. No documentation means that it didn't happen, right? I did take a picture of the AWESOME tiramisu that Matt made for my "special" day.

He is the best. I think I will keep him:)

So in the non celebratory way that I have welcomed 30, I have decided to do an update list of the things I want to get done over the next year.

So here they go....31 things to do before I am 31! (Oh my word, I will be 31 next year. It makes me itch it sounds so horribly old. Blah.)

1.) Read through 5 chapter books with Naomi and Gabby
2.) Find a new homeschool curriculum and start next year off more organized.
3.) Develop a more consistent prayer life.
4.) Lose 8-10 more pounds with a goal weight of 137-140
5.) Concentrate on building strength in my core.
6.) Have visible arm muscles.
7.) Memorize the book of James
8.) Consistently teach the girls scripture memory work.
9.) Do some type of mission trip (either local or abroad.)
10.) Go and see a play
11.) Spend a weekend with Matt without kids
12.) Start a family game night.
13.) Teach the big girls to swim and ride their bikes without training wheels
14.) Go sledding.
15.) Make two complete new dinner dishes a month.
16.) Stick with a weekly budget
17.) Watch less TV
18.) Make a new friend.
19.) Do a pull up without a chair
20.) Work a 1000 piece puzzle with Gabby
21.) Think about letting Naomi get a new puppy.
22.) Take a photography class
23.) Master my sewing skills
24.) Make each girl at least one outfit.
25.) Finish Corin's first year scrapbook.
26.) Get new family photos.
27.) Work on being less judgmental.
28.) Buff up my knowledge on US history.
29.) Read through Revelations.
30.) Make homemade bread once a month
31.) Drink more water.

Whew. That was a tough list. I know some of these are kinda easy but I just wanted to be realistic!
Now off to go cry myself to sleep at my old age. Boo Hoo.


3 comments:

Alex said...

Number 28 can be fun with the Drive Thru History series. It would also add nicely to a new homeschool curriculum. See you're off to a good start now.

Us said...

Hahaha! My favorite part of your list was "Think" about Naomi getting a puppy. 30 is old. Lame. At least you look good for it!
P.S. I made bread tonight. It smells so so good!

Kelli Kennedy said...

Where is join Kelli in Hawaii? I guess you'll actually still be in Groton when you turn 31...so get orders to HAwaii. I promise to watch the kids one weekend so you and Matt can have one kid-free if you come there! =)