Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I heart Faces (Self-Portrait)

This week at (www.iheartfaces.com) is my not so favorite category of self-portraits. The rules are: you have to take the picture, with no timers, tripods, or any other assitance, of yourself. Here is what I came up with....

Kid Entry


This is a picture of me and my youngest daughter from about a year and half ago. We end up taking a lot of "self" shots since daddy is gone on submarines about half of the time!

Adult Entry

I really hate pictures of myself but this one turned out pretty cool. I was actually reaching to protect the camera with my other hand from by quickly approaching almost 2 year old. I saved the camera from possible destruction and ended up getting a pretty good shot in the process!

Head over to iheartfaces.com and check out all the other amazing photographs.

13 comments:

lislynn said...

A fortunate accident on the second one-- turned a very cool shot, I'd say!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic. Oh and what a nice hand you have , lol.

B Dad

Anonymous said...

I love the one of you and Gabby. I can't believe you took that one yourself.

Erica said...

isn't it funny how the most random moments make for some awesome pics? great job!

Unknown said...

i think these photos are great!!! you need to teach me some photography tricks. i am hoping to take a class starting at the end may

Unknown said...

That first shot is so great! :-) I seriously am in awe of your self-portrait skillz - they are both great!

Anonymous said...

your first shot is really beautiful! and love the hand!
they're both great!

Tonya said...

That picture of you and Gabby is gorgeous, I love it. And I love the artsy feel of the second one.

Anonymous said...

SWEET shot!! Very well done!

Amanda said...

I love love love your kid photo...and your adult entry is so creative! Why didn't I think of that? Then maybe I would have entered! ;)

Great job!

God bless-
Amanda

beckylbranch said...

very cute and creative! Good job!

Joanne said...

What a sweet, tender photo of you and your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being a winner this week! Really delightful picture!