Friday, February 12, 2010

41/365

Big helpers in the kitchen....we made some of our favorite trail/chex mix!
The Major Trail/Chex Mix

3-4 cups rice or corn chex
1/2 cup pretzel sticks
3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
1/2 cup cashews
3/4 cup banana chips
3/4 cup craisens
1/2 bag (regular size) semi-sweet chocolate chips
* I also like to add some chopped up dried apricots but the girls don't really like them.

Mix gently with hands and put in gallon size zip lock bag.

Refrigerate and Enjoy. We like it better cold, so I keep in the refrigerator:)

It is not the most healthy in the world, but is not that bad either...and the girls really like it for a snack!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell they enjoyed helping in the kitchen (of course they get to eat it too) Love ya, Mimi M.

Anonymous said...

save some for papoo! See you Wednesday--mimi and papoo