***Warning, this post is kinda long. You might want to grab some popcorn and get comfortable:)
We decided to head to Jacksonville to visit my aunt and uncle over Memorial day weekend. Matt just happened to have the whole weekend off (only happens every 5 weeks) so we just packed up and went!
Janie had some of her girls (now 22 and 16) old dance costumes that Naomi and Gabs loved playing dress up in.
We had such an amazing weekend. We went to an alligator farm and went on a boat to lunch one day. We grilled out and ate lots of yummy fruit. The girls loved mothering all their animals, swimming in their pool, and watching cartoons in their theater room. It really was so relaxing.
Eli (my uncle) also took us to one of his friends house on Sunday night who feeds raccoons in his back yard. He has been feeding them for nearly 20 years. It is seriously one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen in my life. He gives them cookies and they just come up and take them out of his hands. There were only 10 or so there when we went but he says when it is just him he has seen up to 100! 100 raccoons, seriously??? Unbelievable!
And now, Corin is 9 MONTHS OLD!!! It is so crazy how fast time goes by and sometimes incredibly heartbreaking:(

-Corin weighs 20 lbs exactly and is in the 73 %tile for weight. I forgot how long she is but is in the 83 %tile for height. (Check out those thunder thighs!)
-Sweet girl still does NOT crawl. She is quite the lazy baby sometimes and realizes that we will that she has 4 other people to do the work for her.
-She has been pretty much completely weened to a bottle/formula. This was REALLY hard for me this time. I didn't nurse N and G as long but I guess since C might be our last I wanted to hold on to it a lot longer. We are leaving all the girls in Kentucky in July so I knew I wanted to have her weaned by then so I started a few weeks ago. Well between cutting out two feedings from the beginning and the big decrease in my daily calories and running my supply dried up very fast. I know she has to grow up and I am so excited to watch her change, but there is so much in parenting that is so bittersweet:(
-On a happier note, she is still the calmest, happiest, sleepinest, baby ever.
-Still has NO teeth and not even a bump.
-Loves to babble and mainly says "babababababa" over and over again.
-Has the cutest no teeth smile you have ever seen.
-Still sleeps in a sleep sack (I know, I need to get her out of it)
-Loves her blanket
-Prefers to nap in her own bed
-Tried the swing for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it
-Wants to eat everything (I can't remember when we gave the big girls yogurt, like yo baby, anyone remember????)
OK, congratulations....super long post is over. Go grab yourself a cookie for making it through this one!
3 comments:
1. Love the pic of all five of you in the pool.
2. All FIVE of you. That's amazing.
3. 100 raccoons? Crazy.
4. Corin just looks like the sweetest baby ever. I think she gets cuter every time you post a new picture.
So cute. Looks like you guys had a great time.
FYI - My niece slept in a sleep sack until she was like two years old.
I think we gave Walt yogurt at 9months. Just go slow. He loved it and ate almost a whole container the first time and it gave him super diaper rash.
Such sweet, pretty girls! Glad ya'll had fun!
Ditto on the diaper rash with yogurt.
Post a Comment